About The Customer
$12 billion turnover | 250 000 employees | 150+ locations in over 100 countries
Mahindra needed an innovative way to train operators on new variants, while performing this training ‘live’ on-the-line – which caused unnecessary and increased costs as a result of the frequently experienced production delays, inefficiencies and rework.
How We Did It
By implementing ODIN Workstation throughout the entire line.
- Visual & text-based work instructions, assisting even entry-level operators
- Enhanced operator guidance for existing and new products
- Increased training speed for new operators
- Fewer defects
- Less scrap
- Less time to change processes and operations to improve assembly/manufacturing sequences
- Operators avoiding incorrect assembly, even on complex variants through visual, dynamic work instructions
- Additional failsafe’s are part of the default system features, aiding operators in ensuring that the correct parts are always used and are correctly positioned
- Live ANDON displays current production targets, line progress and status above the production line, ensuring full line transparency
- Easy-to-use, no code interface facilitates easy continuous improvement adjustments