About The Customer
EUR 250 billion turnover | 660 000 employees (VW Group)
With a quality critical item being manufactured, having very rigid safety and assembly requirements, the need was in having the ability to track and trace part assembly and movement through the assembly process, while ensuring quality
How We Did It
By implementing ODIN Workstation throughout the entire line.
- Total traceability of process, engine assembly and operators on one, easy-to-access system at one data access point
- Complete transparency of the entire process, accompanied with qualitative data metrics
- Dynamic and visual work instructions ensuring the correct assembly sequence, thereby reducing defects.
- Intuitive operator instructions improving both quality and productivity
- The controlled tracking reducing 30% of overall quality associated defects
- No-code line configuration interfaces allows for ease of improving and adjusting operations and assembly sequences to facilitate best continuous improvement practices
- No complicated PLC or database programming required to add new process steps or operations for the assembled parts